Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Children's Day

Wow! TODAY is 2 Oct 09!

Children's day was just over and gone yesterday.

As one age, we start to realise that time flies tempus fugit before we even caught up with what's happening. Yes, we aren't so happening and "in" it any more. We need to race to catch up with time, with this new generation.

Suddenly in the 2nd dozen (di er qi nian, every "qi nian" is a twelve year time span) year, I realised what is the meaning of "old"ness. Not that you start to grow white hair or beard overnight, but realising that you no longer have the luxury of "not knowning" "not caring" "not understanding" everything and anything anymore.

You suddenly find that you have to be responsible and take charge of yourself, you own life, plus sometimes people who need your reminder. Yes, YOU are the one, they need your reminders, your advices, your good attitudes to inform, to share life with, to influence knowing and unknowingly, and be an example to... and much more.

That's what teachers, or kids, or friends, or being a colleague is required to do.

Not asking that of another, but demand that from oneself. Am I the one who is a good helper a good neighbour? Do I carry the right mindset and attitude to work or to school? Do I share my spirit and energy with people around me ? Do I just keep quiet and selfishly refuse to deploy my talents for others? Do i pose to be a poison or a pleasant scent to those whom I deal with day-in and day-out?

Whether you and I choose to or choose NOT, we have no choice not to influence others.

Let us be mindful and always keep watch on our outward actions and speech, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, guard our minds, our hearts and intentions.

For, all the fruits of life, is from the heart. 因为人一生的果效都由心而发。

No comments: